Monday, April 12, 2010

Tulip Festival


Last Friday my friend Pauline and I drove up to the Skagit Valley area to view the beautiful tulips.  Each year in April Skagit Valley plays host to fields and fields of colorful tulips.  After walking through the tulips we headed over to La Conner for lunch and then visited the La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum.  On display was an exhibit entitled "Hardware" that really stretched my views on what a quilt is and can be.  Some quilters used unique materials ranging from wire to plastic bread caps.  If you are in the area I encourage you to check both of these events out.  The tulip festival runs every day through the end of April and the "Hardware" exhibit is on display through June 27th.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is absolutely gorgeous! I want to have tea there ;-)

    jennymayandswede.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!