Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Creative Space: Covered Buttons and Rose Bud Booties


These covered buttons are so easy and fun to make that I don't know why I have never done them before.   The little "pop" sound as the backing fits into place is very gratifying.   The anticipation as you pull the button out from the mold to see if it all really fit to together right is exhilarating.  Many more little covered buttons are in my future I can tell already! 

I will be putting  put these little guys onto the (now corrected) crocheted baby booties.  See my Raverly notes here.


PS.  Thanks to this handy dandy tutorial on the Purl Bee which made covering buttons seem easy peasy compared to scary directions on the back of the button kit package.  I going to have to try doing the little embroidery they show next time.

3 comments:

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!