Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Challenge: day eight and nine

The Thanksgiving Challenge: to write, photograph, or otherwise document one thing that you are grateful for each day until Thanksgiving. Feel free to join in by linking your Thanksgiving gratitude in the comments below.





Day eight: Today I am grateful for indulgences.  Time to cuddle up under a blanket with a bowl of microwave popcorn for dinner and watching some fun dancing! Kyle Massey is one of my favorites. I can't believe those instant dances, WOW!!!  Do you have a favorite on DWTS?
 
 


Day nine: Today I am grateful for learning to play Samuel Barber's Canzone (from the second movement of the Concerto for Piano, Op. 38).  The flute's melody is haunting, moving, and breathlessly beautiful.  I LOVE the high pitched running phrase in the middle and how those low C# sound at the beginning and end of the piece.

1 comment:

  1. How absolutely beautiful you learned a new piece of music, and that you play the flute! (I do miss not playing the old piano as much these days.) I also love the thought of cozying up with a big bowl of popcorn and tuning into a favorite show - you're inspiring me to do that the next free night I get!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!