List Twenty Three: In my kitchen
1. Red Lentil Veggie Burgers- I found this recipe in American Lifestyle magazine that our realtor sends us, sorry I can find a link to it anywhere for you. It was hard work to make these but worth it I think. Especially knowing that you can freeze them for later during those week nights when the last thing you want to do is cook.
2. Mango ketchup for said burgers which was more like a salsa I think. And really if you decide to make the burgers don't skip out on the mango ketchup it really does add a lot.
3. Sweet Potato fries. This was my first time making my own fries straight for the potato. They didn't really turn out crispy like fries but they were still yummy!
4. Creamy Potato Leek Soup a standard winter soup in our house.
5. I served these tasty biscuits up with the soup. They made me want to try biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Hopefully this weekend or next.
6. Honeyed Parsnips - I got this recipe from a nutritionist so it must be good for you right!!! Super easy too!
3 large parsnips
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons honey
pinch of salt
Part boil parsnips until tender but still firm, drain and combine parsnips and remaining ingredients in a nonstick roasting pan and bake at 450 for 20 min. until parsnips have partially browned.
7. Goat Cheese Drop Biscuits! These were a HUGE hit with me and my husband. I see many, many goat cheese drop biscuits in my future. Just don't touch the hot skillet with your bare hand only moments after taking it out of the oven using a hot pad. OUCH!!!
Now off to scour more of Joy the Baker's blog for more baked goodies!
(PS. I wish I was one of those people who could take gorgeous photographs of their food during the making process and before consuming, but I'm not. I'm learning to be okay with that.)
What's going on in your kitchen these days?