Originally my plan for June was a bigger project from the Embroidery Companion book but with travelling to England and Scotland for a big portion of the month I decided to rethink that idea. The Embroidery Companion Sew Along project for June has the theme of hair accessories which I think will be super travel friendly.
First Option: Petunia Headband and my first choice to make from this set.
Second Option: A little cross stitch number.
Third Option: The Apple Blossom Kerchief. I'd really like to stitch this one up as well if it works out.
How are your Country Time Quilts coming along? Me, I just finished the last embroidered square today and still have several blocks to cut out - so SERIOUSLY behind. My hope is with the long weekend I can get the quilt top made and sandwiched up and (fingers crossed here) get started on hand quilting.
Head over to the flickr group as Delilah37 put up some beautiful photographs of her quilt. I love how she added another little friend to the group!
Some other crafty fun around the web:
- Anna Maria Horner has a new Needleworks line!
- Colette Patterns just put up fun, free downloadable top pattern
- If you haven't seen their tutorials on fabric grain line check it out here and here.
- This little stump project was totally inspiring to me since I too was coveting the West Elm table.
- Check out this creative lady's blog. She gave up much of her wardobe a year ago and vowed to design and sew all her own clothes. In the process she has created some amazing clothes.
- Fabric braids!
If I don't get in tomorrow have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!