Thursday, March 3, 2011

Petal Pillowcases

"P"

Do you remember how much I was stressing over these padded satin stitches
"A"

Well many, many, MANY padded satin stitches later, they're not all that scary anymore.  And rather fun really!
His and Her Petal Pillowcases

I'm really pleased with how these pillowcases turned out.  How I wish I would have stopped stressing and gotten a start on them sooner so I could have finished the Storybook Pillowcases also.  Will you hold my feet to the fire and make sure I make a set of those pillowcases too?  I just LOVE the Storybook Pillowcases and I've have all the thread to make them so really there are no excuses.  Check in with me at the end of March, will ya? 

If you played along, and trust me I know February was a short month,  please put a link to your beautifully finished pillowcases in the original announcement post and you could win a copy of The Embroiderer's Handbook.  And hey if you embroidered any design onto a pillowcase this month you are eligible to enter.  It's the inspiration that counts.  The giveaway has been extended to Monday March 7th.

8 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! Have you considered making these to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! They were a lot of fun to make.

    Tabitha~ As this embroidery pattern is from a book it's most likely copyrighted. Usually authors will say that you can make the patterns for personal use or to give as gifts. Now if I created my own design then I might consider selling something like this. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful!
    You can truly see all of the love that went into them, and that is so special!
    I wish you a wonderful weekend Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, of course - I didn't even think of that! I definitely think if you did make your own design you could have a nice little side business going, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I love the look of embroidered pillowcases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wondered about the selling issue, myself. I know that on a lot of free patterns, the designer will state that they do not want you to sell items made from that pattern. But if you pay for the pattern and there is no such statement, is it okay? I would love to know the official answer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!