Thursday, January 8, 2015

Listen

3Parkin3 7FoggyWalk 7Valley 7InTheWoods 7WinterCoats 7TheWaySheLooksAtMe 7Buds 7FreshStart

Listen.  It's the word that is centering me these days.  An intention, a resolution of sorts.  To pause, to listen inward.  I have ambitions great and small for this new year, 2015. Some will be met and achieved, others will fall away unrealized.  But that's okay.  The most important thing for me this year is to listen. Let's see what happens.

Listen!

Do you hear it?
I do.
I can feel it.
I expect a miracle is coming.
It has set loose this restlessness
inside of me.

Expect it.
Dream about it.
Give birth to it in your being.
Know! Something good
is coming down the line.
Finding its way to you
like all things find their way
to God's children.

Listen!

- "Miracle" by Jewel Kilcher

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes just listening is a huge accomplishment. I generally think I am a good listener as I'm not always eager to talk (but then sometimes I talk too much!). I don't have trouble being quiet, but that doesn't mean I'm listening. Sometimes I'm thinking or trying to solve a problem being spoken of. Listening is different. It is letting the words settle and absorb. It is sighing and breathing. It is caring and giving of ourselves. It is just being there. That is the kind of listener I want to be...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!