Friday, June 11, 2010

Crochet Flower Garden

Every Christmas holiday season since my husband and I have been together has been spent at my in-laws house in the mountains. Their home is always a welcome retreat from the hustle of the holidays. Most of our time is spent eating excellent food that my in-laws make for us, reading books, playing board games, or taking a walk in neighboorhood or in the little mountain's downtown.

Last Christmas, with my new found interest in all things crafty, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law showed me how to do crochet. I have always loved the look of granny squares and my mother-in-law was patient enough to take me through making one step by step. My sister-in-law showed me how to make fillet stitches.

When I returned home from the holidays I would fiddle with crochet from time to time but still hadn't made any substaintial project yet. Now I wouldn't call these crochet flowers anything substaintial really but they feel like a completed project on their own and have been so much fun to make.

I even turned a few of them into hair ties for my lunch buddy!


These flower patterns came from 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet. An excellent and inspiring little book that not only includes flowers but little bugs, butterflies, leaves, fruit, and vegetables too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!