Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Birthday Gift Ideas

Indulge me while I'm being a little greedy.  I don't mean to be but people keep asking what I want for my birthday and I feel guilty actually telling them things that I would want.  Do you ever feel that way?  You have things you'd like to receive for your birthday or Christmas but you feel greedy actually announcing what it is you want. Well, today I am going to be greedy!  These are in no particular order.  There are 9 shopping days left!


1. Membership to The Card Society, a letterpress card of the month club. During the month of June you can get 15% off.   Any length of membership would be fine!

2. Pre-ordered copy of Alicia Paulson's Embroidery Companion: Classic Designs for Modern Living.  The book isn't released until August 10th.  If you order from her website you get a signed copy!  And while you are there you could also get me a copy of her first book, Stitched in Time.
3. Chickadee eyeglass case crewel kit from Purl Soho.  I just love the chickadees, don't you?  A simple gift card to Purl Soho would be great too.  There is just so much beautiful fabric there! 
4.  Presser Feet for my new Bernina 440QE.  Edgestitch Foot #10 and Button Sew-On Foot #18.  Or more simply extra bobbins, cause honestly you can't have too many.

5. The Gentle Art of Quiltmaking by Jane Brocket.  I'd also like her first book The Gentle Art of Domesticity and if you order it on Amazon you can get them both at a discounted price.

6. Fourteen balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran yarn in pale pink, light blue, lilac or, a cream/ivory color (make sure they are all have the same dye lot number).  I want to crochet this lovely cardigan for myself.  
Okay that's probably enough indulgence for one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!