Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dance lessons

When learning a difficult step, move, piece of choreography in a dance class I will get frustrated with myself from time to time. But in dance I am capable of pushing past the frustration, focusing on the move at hand. I take the move slower if necessary, breaking down into it's pieces. Or sometimes I will just press on, knowing I be able to do it after a few more repetitions or by studying the instructor more closely.

In life however, I am much more critical of myself. In difficult, challenging situations if at first I don't immediately succeed, it's not try, try again but rather give up. Be hopeless, loose faith. Why do I do that to myself? Arg. That question alone is frustrating!

How can I channel that same try, try again thinking that I have in my dance class into other areas of my life that need practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!