Friday, April 29, 2011

Wasn't it beautiful?

My friend Susan and I got together to watch the beautiful wedding festivities of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.  Flawless, beautiful, touching, breathtaking, It's hard to pick a favorite part about this beautiful wedding.  I now I realize that I've said beautiful at least five times! 


The trees that lined the aisle, her dress, the way Prince William would wink to his bride during the service, driving themselves in that classic car, those would be a few of my favorite moments.

In reading more about her wedding dress, the lace was hand stitched by the Royal School of Needlework using a technique called Carrickmacross lace.  The Piecework magazine has a lovely article regarding this technique in their May/June lace issue.  While browsing more through the Royal School of Needlework's website I came across this lovely sampler to honor the big day.


I'm so excited that in less than two months time I will be able to walk through Westminster Abbey myself!  Patrick and I are going on a English holiday for two weeks in June.  I can hardly believe it.


On a personal note:  Today is my sister's 29th birthday.  Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister!  Her husband got up early with her to watch the royal wedding has a little birthday gift.  How sweet is that!


So did you watch the royal wedding?  What were your thoughts of the celebration? 

Cheers to the Bride and Groom and hope you all have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I was only able to watch parts of it, as I had to be at work, but what a beautiful bride she was, and Westminster Abbey is just magnificent! How lucky you are to be visiting it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beautiful.

    We were in Berlin and I ran in to the restaurant where we were having breakfast and saw that it was on. I ran back out and grabbed Ken and Heather and the kids to come see a real prince and princess getting married. I cried like I do at every wedding I've ever been to - but my own that is. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!