Monday, July 18, 2011

The Pantry

Spring Clean Pantry

This wasn't on my list on Friday but I've been meaning to share this with you for some time.  Back in the spring I had a major clean out of the entire kitchen.  Literally everything in my kitchen was pulled out of the cupboards and sitting in my dining room.  It took me nearly a month to go through everything, edit out some of our kitchen supplies, and reorganize it all back into a place that was more functional for our needs.

One of my favorite transformations was the pantry.  Trust me when I say you're glad I didn't take a before picture.  It was awful!  Paper bags from the store held beans, rice, and nuts.  Cans were stacked up to the top, wobbly and always threatening to break our wedding china that used to sit a few shelves below.  Grocery bags sat in a giant pile on the floor, along with other random supplies so that one had to hope the pantry door closed again after opening it.  Such a pain!

Now everything has it's place.  I can't tell you how much easier it is to find things. It's a relief to not have to pull half the food out of the pantry to reach that one can of tomatoes in the back.  Now if only I could get the rest of my house this organized. 

In case your interested:

White plastic storage bins and glass jars are from The Container Store.
Shelf lining paper is from Fred Meyer.
Baskets, not pictured, that house paper bags on the floor of the pantry are from Cost Plus World Market .
Grocery Bag Tube hanging on the wall is a pattern from Sew What! Bags

Updated:  I'm having some issues with being able to comment back to you under the comments section.  Thank you for your kind comments on my last post.  It's so nice to know that people are reading these ramblings.  For those of you who asked the banner picture was taken in the Lake District of England.  The lake is Esthwaite Water. 

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is "Wow!" You've got me beat on organization. It looks beautiful. I can't wait until I have a proper kitchen to organize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! We're about to move to a new house and I totally needed inspiration for the pantry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love organized pantries, and linen closets, and coat closets, and....

    Well, you get the idea.

    :o)

    Your pantry is a thing of beauty and this little neat freak LOVES it! I especially like how it's all color coordinated, I think you just took my neat freaky-ness to a whole new level.

    Charmian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this "chore" once a year Annette, and if feels so good once I'm done, but for some strange reason it never stays all nice and neat for very long
    :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!