Monday, October 10, 2011

The Morning After



The weekends lend themselves to playing around in the kitchen and trying something new.  Sunday evening it was "Squash Soup with Smoked Peppers and Pumpkin Seed Puree" from last fall's 3191 Quarterly.  We paired it with the homemade seed bread adapted slightly to include pumpkin and sesame seeds and the beautiful seed topping that Stephanie shares in the same quarterly. 

MAV's notes at the top of the soup recipe state, "This soup is so pleasing and very easy to make."  Pleasing? Yes, very much indeed!  Easy? ... Uh no.  By the time we finished making dinner I was too exhausted to even think about lifting a dish bush to clean something.  Needless to say this morning the kitchen has a pretty bad hangover. 

(I hesitated to share these photos with you, not because of the mess but because of that hideous outdated microwave.  Oh well if I'm going to be real in showing the mess, I gotta be real in showing the microwave too! )

3 comments:

  1. Oh but this sounds so worth it!!!
    Yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Funny, I didn't even notice the microwave and I was looking at the picture pretty thoroughly (I thought) because I like seeing peoples houses. Funny how the things that bother us most other people don't usually notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know! The worst is when you are so tired from cooking that you can't even enjoy the food. That's the good thing about leftovers . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!