Sunday, June 24, 2018

Lost Poems: Angel Questions

 
 


 
 
 



Angel Questions

What is the question?
Do airplanes ever collide with angels?
I was hoping
the angels would tell me
but they are staying up in heaven
today -- leaving me to wonder.

All this wondering
leads me to think prayers are just questions
answered up in heaven
keeping the angels
from telling me
the secret of airplanes. I will pray and hope

and in all this hoping
I will begin to wonder,
Why aren't they answering me?
Maybe the angels have too many questions -
too many prayers to answer today - oh beautiful angels,
take me into heaven.

Can only beauty surround the quiet places of heaven?
Does each shadow hold hope
as a present given by angels?
Where do angels go to cry, I wonder?
I know, I know too many questions,
please forgive me.

It is just so miraculous to me,
all the nooks and crannies of heaven
bring up all these questions
inside about love and faith and hope.
But one thing I never have to wonder
they are my constant guardians, my angels.

But if airplanes do ever collide with angels,
what would happen to me?
I can not help to wonder
still, if I would end in heaven
answering others' prayers of hope.
Am I able to handle such questions?


To fly as an angel up in heaven
for me, would be too hopeful,
too wonderful, to question, if it could happen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dear friend, Liz, choreographed a beautiful winterguard show a couple years ago using this poem.  You can watch their state performance here or their national performance here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!