June 18th marked my thirtieth birthday. Thirty! It's a little unbelievable. My parents came out to celebrate and we had a wonderful time visiting places like Leavenworth and Coupeville, taking a cruise on the harbor, going to see Cirque du Soliel's Kooza, hiking in the woods, and eating lots of good food. Once my parents send me some of the pictures they took I'll be sure to share them!
To commemorate turning the big 3-0 on the blog I decided to share a list of 30 things I'd like to do in my thirtieth year.
1. Crochet a blanket
4. Ride a tandem bicycle
5. Explore the National Parks including Olympic National Park, Mt. Rainer National Park, and
6. Read A Room with a View and Walden
9. Put up a hammock in the backyard
10. Make my own fruit leather
14. Reread childhood favorites: The Secret Garden, Little House on the Prairie, and Little Women
15. Make myself something to wear
17. Go sailing
20. Make homemade granola
21. Learn how to grill
22. Throw a backyard party
23. Make a fire by myself in the fireplace
24. Organize the garage
26. Refinish a piece of furniture
27. Bake a pie
28. Establish a regular baking day
29. Go for a long walk in the rain
What is something you hope to do or wish you had done before you were thirty?