Thursday, June 24, 2010

Highway Turn Offs


Last week when my mom was visiting we drove up to Leavenworth for the day.  Let me just tell you that the drive is simply beautiful along Steven's Pass Highway.  On our way back down the from the top of Steven's Pass we pulled off the road at a little turnoff for Deception Falls.  I'm so glad we did.  It was a very short, little walk over to these gorgeous roaring falls that go right under the highway.   Next to the falls was a great little sign explaining all about them that left some good food for thought.

"Nothing is weaker than water.  But when it attacks something hard or resistant, then nothing withstands it." ~ Lao Tzu

"Deception Falls could shove you against a rock with seven tons of force.  Yet, cup the same water in your hands and it runs softly through your fingers."

Water has much to teach us I think!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful place! Water always makes me contemplative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!