Wednesday, June 23, 2010

30 Things for Turning 30


June 18th marked my thirtieth birthday.  Thirty!  It's a little unbelievable.  My parents came out to celebrate and we had a wonderful time visiting places like Leavenworth and Coupeville, taking a cruise on the harbor, going to see Cirque du Soliel's Kooza, hiking in the woods, and eating lots of good food.  Once my parents send me some of the pictures they took I'll be sure to share them!

To commemorate turning the big 3-0 on the blog I decided to share a list of 30 things I'd like to do in my thirtieth year. 

1. Crochet a blanket
2. Learn to knit
3. Make a quilt (You see I started one at the beginning of the year and have yet to finish so here's hoping!)
4. Ride a tandem bicycle
5. Explore the National Parks including Olympic National Park, Mt. Rainer National Park, and Arches
6. Read A Room with a View and Walden
7. Travel to the United Kingdom
8. Visit a U-pick farm
9. Put up a hammock in the backyard
10.  Make my own fruit leather
11. Volunteer at the local library
12.  Have a year of lists I made it about half way and that seems just fine with me.
13. Paddle a canoe
14. Reread childhood favorites: The Secret Garden, Little House on the Prairie, and Little Women
15. Make myself something to wear
16.  Walk around Green Lake
17.  Go sailing
18.  Mail a handwritten letter
19.  Memorize a new song on the piano (for years I've played an Enya song its time to add a new one!) I didn't memorize a piano song but I think learning several flute solos should count, right?
20.  Make homemade granola
21. Learn how to grill
22. Throw a backyard party
23.  Make a fire by myself in the fireplace
24. Organize the garage
25. Redecorate the office into a shared sewing studio/office
26. Refinish a piece of furniture
27. Bake a pie
28. Establish a regular baking day
29. Go for a long walk in the rain
30. Hang laundry out to dry in the sun

What is something you hope to do or wish you had done before you were thirty?

1 comment:

  1. I love your list! I have a few years left before I hit the big 3-0, but I would probably add "Make peace with the aging process" to my list! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!