- Yarn, thread, fabric. Must have something working in my hands to keep them warm.
- Tea. A warm cup of tea to warm my insides. I love also just sitting the cup against my chest and breathing in the steam and aromas of the tea.
- Learning a new skill. I realize each winter for the past three years I've taken a class of one sort or another. First, international ethics for my bachelor's degree, beginning quilting, and this year the art of knitting!
- Netflix. Ahh netflix, what would we do without you?
- Reading materials. A book, a magazine, and a warm blanket to cuddle up with in the mornings on the couch or in bed during the dark evenings.
- Pink Fuzzy Socks. They keep my toes warm and toasty. Hopefully next year I'll have a pair of homemade knit ones!
Friday, February 25, 2011
List Twenty Four: Winter Essentials
Have you seen the winter issue of 3191 Quarterly? If you haven't I encourage you to get yourself a copy, a whole year's subscription if you can swing it they are all wonderful! Stephanie and MAV share a list of their winter essentials and it inspired me to think of my own.