Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Creative Space: Yarn and Classical Music


My wonderful husband helped me ball this yarn last night.  We sat on the living room couch taking turns balling or holding the yarn.  Classical music filled with quite evening as we wound and wound and wound the yarn. 


We made it this far when there was a little snag in the yarn.  Both of us were too tired to try and figure it out so it's sitting on the dining room table waiting to be wound some more!

Details:
  • Beautiful laceweight silk/yak yarn from here.  Super speedy delivery by the way!
  • There is another beautiful skein waiting to be balled and then I'll begin making this shawl.  Wish me luck, this is first thing I've tried making using laceweight yarn and following such a pattern.
  • Check out other creative spaces here!
(Please ignore the graininess of the photos, bad lighting and iPhone, you understand. Also don't mind that water stain on the dining room table either.  Note to self next time put a tablecloth down!)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful evening Annette. I must say that probably not many have a husband that would help wind yarn! He's a definite "keeper!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yarn winding. It's feels so peaceful to me. Hopefully you get that tangle out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!