Friday, February 25, 2011

List Twenty Four: Winter Essentials

Have you seen the winter issue of 3191 Quarterly?  If you haven't I encourage you to get yourself a copy, a whole year's subscription if you can swing it they are all wonderful!  Stephanie and MAV share a list of their winter essentials and it inspired me to think of my own.


  1. Yarn, thread, fabric.  Must have something working in my hands to keep them warm.
  2. Tea.  A warm cup of tea to warm my insides.  I love also just sitting the cup against my chest and breathing in the steam and aromas of the tea.
  3. Learning a new skill.  I realize each winter for the past three years I've taken a class of one sort or another.  First, international ethics for my bachelor's degree, beginning quilting, and this year the art of knitting!
  4. Netflix.  Ahh netflix, what would we do without you?
  5. Reading materials.  A book, a magazine, and a warm blanket to cuddle up with in the mornings on the couch or in bed during the dark evenings.
  6. Pink Fuzzy Socks.  They keep my toes warm and toasty.  Hopefully next year I'll have a pair of homemade knit ones!
What are your winter essentials?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea for a post! May I steal it? (I will definitely credit you!) Also, even though I don't really craft, I've been really enjoying your blog lately. You're making some really beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shucks, thanks Tabitha! Absolutely go ahead and steal it, I did. I'd love to see your winter essentials.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a few brief words to me! Your words touch my heart deeply. Please keep this a kind, warm, loving environment for all. Thank you!